What would you do if you have only one egg in your fridge? Here is an idea for sharing one egg with others. It's a very basic recipe, so you can add dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc. (I added chocolate chips for these muffins above... yum...) The texture of the muffin is very nice and bouncy. The batter is quite runny, so I was a bit worried about how the muffins would turn out, but they were light and moist. 14-16 normal size muffin cups.
- 180g Caster Sugar
- 370g SR flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 90g Softened Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °c
- Sift flour into a large bowl and rub in butter to a fine breadcrumb type mixture
- Stir in sugar, milk and egg. (mix together before adding into the flour mixture) Do not over-mix! batter should be lumpy
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes