Friday 13 April 2012

Maggie's Famous Flapjack


For me, good old British Home Baking is Maggie's flapjack. I have so many good memories of living in Birmingham and this is one of them. My very good friend Maggie makes flapjack which is everybody's favourite. Maggie, who is a great home baker, says that she nurtured, amended and adjusted the recipe over the years until she arrived at the recipe she really likes best. I love her flapjack, and since I moved to London this recipe has been on my fridge. 

 Ingredients

  • 7oz margarine
  • 3 tbsp golden syrup (62g/2oz)
  • 7oz brown sugar
  • 12oz oats
  • 3oz sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds, or raisins, or chopped dates, or walnuts 
  • 6oz wholemeal plain flour


Method
  1. Melt margarine, golden syrup and brown sugar, then add the dry ingredients.
  2. Spread in tin(s) and cook at Gas mark 5 /180°C for 20 minutes.
  3. Cut before it hardens!


I like adding chopped walnuts and prunes.

A pretty jar of flapjack is a great wee prezzy to make someone smile. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment